Implementation of Smallworld Logical Network Inventory requires populating of the database with appropriate network data and maintaining the accuracy and consistency of data in the database with the changing state of the network. Manual data acquisition and maintenance is very tedious because of the size of the backbone network, its complexity and frequent reconfigurations that are performed. LNI-Connector has been designed to support and simplify network data import from Network Management Systems into the LNI database and periodical LNI synchronization with NMS systems.
- Simplifies maintenance and increases the accuracy of data in the LNI database
- Fully automatic data import with results notification by email
- Enables initial import of network data from Network Management Systems
- Supports periodic, incremental synchronisation with data from NMS
- Provides automatic mapping with physical equipment in the PNI database
- Supports transmission planning and network element lifecycle