Do you remember our e-book about effective implementation of Field Service Management System? We mentioned there the importance of network inventory systems based on GIS technology. Today we will focus on the main benefits that can be achieved by integrating FSM and GIS tools. We will also explain why they should work closely together!
The main source of information is the data collected by field teams. Technical documents, specifications and cartographic / GPS data are important as well.
- Transmission parameters based on thermodynamic / hydraulic calculations.
- Materials used for construction, thanks to predefined catalogues.
- Existing and connectable supply areas.
- Alternative connections in case of failure.
- Inspection dates for performed / planned maintenance.
- Status of seasonal connections.
Thanks to the integration with FSM applications, the individual modules of the inventory systems can be used to commission technical work on the network. A two-way information flow ensures that any changes made by field teams are recorded in the inventory system.
Download our e-book on integration between FSM and GIS systems and see how you can improve the most frequent operations on your district heating network.